Mobile programming involves developing apps and software for mobiles. The average salary of a mobile app developer is $107,000 according to payscale.com. Glassdoor.com says the national average is $95, 560 per year. Mobile programmers create apps that can be used on tablets and smartphones. Some popular apps are games, social media applications, GPS applications and so on.
Creating an app requires design (what the user interface will look like), coding (writing the code that makes the app work) and testing (checking if everything works as it should). Most mobile developers work in teams with other developers and designers, as well as project managers who oversee the development process from start to finish.
The demand for mobile apps is growing rapidly - businesses of all types are starting to see the value in having their own custom-made app. As a result, there are now many opportunities for those with training in mobile programming to find employment or freelance work creating apps.
If you're thinking of becoming a mobile programmer, here are a few things you should know:
* A degree in computer science or a related field is usually required;
* Training in specific programming languages (such as Java or Objective C) is also necessary;
* Being able to think creatively and come up with new ideas for apps is essential;
* Good problem-solving skills are vital, as there will often be obstacles to overcome during the development process;
* Patience and perseverance are key - developing an app can be a long and complicated process!